Here is a simple guided meditation that you can follow:
1. Find a quiet, comfortable place where you can sit or lie down undisturbed.
2. Close your eyes and listen to your breathing slow down as your body settles in. This may take a few minutes, and that is okay.
3. Once you are settled, take a deep breath, filling your lungs with air. Hold for a few seconds, then exhale slowly. Repeat this deep breathing for at least a couple more minutes, allowing yourself to relax deeper upon each exhale.
4. Visualize a bright white light from the heavens, making its way through space, into Earth’s atmosphere, and stopping a few feet above your head. The light pulses with a divine glow of healing light.
5. Observe the divine light surrounding you, enveloping you in peace and calm. This may take a few moments, so take your time. Allow the light to do what it knows best.
6. Bring your attention to your breath and focus on each inhale and exhale. Now, as you inhale, allow this light to seep into your body, soothing and relaxing every muscle and every cell.
7. As you exhale, imagine and feel the stress and tension leaving your body.
8. Do this for quite a few minutes. Become saturated in this divine healing light.
9. Think of a happy place or moment in your life. Visualize yourself in that place, surrounded by peace and happiness. Allow yourself to fully immerse in this happy memory, experiencing the sights, sounds, and feelings as if you were there right now.
10. Repeat the following words to yourself: “I am calm, I am peaceful, I am at ease.”
11. Spend a few more minutes in this relaxed state, enjoying the peace and calm surrounding you.
12. When you are ready to conclude this guided meditation, feel where you physically are right now. Make sure your mind is where your body is, and slowly open your eyes, returning to your day, carrying the peace and calm you have found within.
Remember to practice this meditation regularly, and feel free to adapt it to suit your needs. The more you practice, the easier it will become, and the more benefits you will experience.